Saturday, September 26, 2009

Perth - Icey Ice at Harbourtown


Singapore's MissFattyFoodie went to Bangkok for the weekend and has left me with the blog all by myself. I can't wait for her to get back and share with us all the wonderful food she had in Bangkok!!

I will just write a short entry here introducing a new type of dessert in Perth (been around for a few years actually but i'm slow)- Icey Ice!
Harbourtown is one of MissFattyFoodies' favourite shopping places! They have recently opened a new Icey Ice store where they sell 'shaved' ice.


my favourite flavour is Mango and I asked for extra mango toppings (have to pay extra) but they ran out of it that day. It was still good but it will definitely taste better if I had it in summer NOT during winter when it was freezing (which not only gave me a brain freeze, i was also shivering when i was eating this)!
Mango Flavour - Approx $7 for a large serving (more than enough for two shivering gluttons)


The Mango Ice is made up of thinly shaved flavoured ice so it is very soft and melts in your mouth immediately. Mine was topped with mango syrup and condensed milk.

I would suggest ordering the smallest one as the portion is quite big. This is a good place to stop for a sweet treat if you want to take a break from shopping!


Rating: 3.5/5
Location: Harbourtown and Northbridge


4 comments:

  1. There's one in Vic Park as well, I think. Nom nom nom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didnt know they have one in vic park too. I miss those free penguin soft toy they gave away when they first started. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, my favourite is strawberry with condensed milk and the green tea and red bean!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've never tried that before, sounds really good! can eat that soon since the weather is getting warm

    ReplyDelete