Monday, August 24, 2009

MissFattyFoodie's Special - Eggs Benedict

Perth


One of my all-time favourite breakfast food is Eggs Benedict. Whenever I go to cafes for breakfast, I will definitely order this dish. I felt really happy on Saturday morning (good mood usually means I feel like cooking) so I decided to get out of bed and start cooking straightaway!

The egg poacher is one of my best buys. The eggs are cooked above boiling water so its healthier than frying them. You can use the egg poacher for almost any dish, i love eggs! Don't eat too much though...
While the eggs are cooking, you can prepare the Hollandaise sauce.Hollandaise sauce can be really complicated so I just make my own version which I think taste really good too! (note the optional sign as you can choose to opt those out and still make a delicious sauce)

Hollandaise Wanna-be Sauce - my own interpretation so it is not the usual creamier one you see outside.

You will need: serving for 2

2 egg yolks
4 table spoons of low-fat milk (no problems if you use fullcream milk)
1 table spoon of butter/margarine
salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon of worchestire sauce ( optional )
Just a sprinkle of thyme ( optional )
1-2 tablespoons of lemon juice ( optional )

Firstly you remove the egg yolk with the separator which makes it much easier than the cookingmama style, where you have to pour into the eggshells repeatedly till there's only the yolk left.
Heat the egg, milk, butter, (and all the optional stuff) over boiling water. Keep whisking so the eggs do not clot. When the sauce thickens, it is ready!

If you like your egg yolk a bit watery, do not overcook the eggs.

Use English muffin or any kind of bread (I used turkish bread).

Put a slice of ham/turkey/ smoked salmon on top of the bread.

Add the poached egg and pour the Hollandaise sauce (wannabe) over it.

(you may even add a slice of avocado!)
TADA!! Very filling and yummy breakfast that will last you throughout the day!

I hope you will enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment