Sunday, August 23, 2009

Singapore - Brewerkz and Highlanders

On a friday night, what else is there to do after work than to chill and hang out at somewhere nice, letting the week of stress dissolve into the air?

The agenda of the day was to head to clarke quay for dinner and drinks. Initally we wanted to go to Cafe Iguana, but wait time was 45 minues without reservations, so we went to Brewerkz where the wait time was max 30 mins. Guys, remember to make your booking in advance on a Friday night!

Instead of waiting around the restaurant, we headed to Highlanders for drinks first. I'd suggest you get a table inside, cos its too hot and noisy outside, it is better for conversations as well. I had a draft pale ale with a scoop of vanilla icecream (partly due to breakdown in orders, but never mind) both were good!

Highlanders
My tiny glass of pale ale.

Bread & Butter pudding. Served with a scoop of vanilla icecream and a cup of vanilla sauce.

My vanilla icecream! The biscuit bit was really yummy, so was the chocolate stick. This cost $5.

Based on these side orders alone, I'd give a rating of 3.5/5

Location is at Clarke Quay, #01-11 The Foundry 3B River Valley Road

Finally, we got our call from Brewerkz and headed off to there for dinner. We had outside seats, with a nice view of the river. I like Brewerkz variety of their own draft beers, but since Highlanders was visited before this, ice water was ordered instead.

I had the beer batter fish & chips! these were pretty good, the flesh was juicy and thick, just that the portion of fries was too large for me. $19.99 for 2 strips of fish and $27.99 for 3 strips!

I've eaten here before, and I'd say the order of calamari is really good too but my friend had a Bistro Burger, which consisted of blue cheese that was too pungent/strong. So maybe, fish&chips would be a safer bet for the non-adventurous foodies.
Overall rating would be 3.75/5 cos I like their variety of draft and imported beers, and also their food is not bad, just slightly on the pricey side.
Location is at Riverside Point 30 Merchant Road #01-05/06 Riverside Point

No comments:

Post a Comment