Saturday, March 20, 2010

Perth - Aubergine

Weekend is here again, and I was thrilled to go cafe hunting again! Trying out new cafes on Saturday/Sunday morning is starting to be a routine for me, and I look forward to the weekend because of that! 

With the convenience of an internet, finding a nice cafe is just a click away. I came across Aubergine and it caught my attention because it is owned by the previous owner of Oriels Cafe, which used to be my favourite hangout before the new management took over.
The cafe was very spacious with a lot of tables and chairs so finding a seat on a Saturday morning was easy. Aubergine exudes a laidback and casual feeling. The service was really fast and efficient. I got the feeling from the happy staff that this place is very well managed which explained the cheerfulness.


Order of the day:
Chai Latte
Eggs Benny with Ham - $15.50
Breakfast Sandwich - $14.50

The Chai Latte was rich in flavour and the cinnamon taste was strong. I ordered the breakfast sandwich which had bacon, grilled tomato, rocket leaves and a sunny side up. The toast was crispy and FRESH unlike the stale overcooked hard bread that most cafes have. This toast was awesome, soft on the inside but lightly fried and crispy on the outside. My partner and I were very impressed with the food.


Aubergine Cafe was very dog friendly as well. Owners sit outside and have their breakfast with their four legged friends beside them! I watch with envy at how well behaved their pooches are, unlike my dogs! The owner loves dogs as well, I saw him come out to pat the dogs outside, and even give them treats! Such a nice friendly guy, no wonder his staff is so cheerful and the customers all look very happy too.

I strongly recommend this cafe which serves good food and coffee!
Rating: 4.5/5

Aubergine Gourmet Foods - 231 South Terrace, South Fremantle

Aubergine Gourmet Foods on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment