Saturday, August 22, 2009

MissFattyFoodie's Special - Almond Crisps

Perth

After seeing my good friend's cupcakes pictures, I was inspired to bake this weekend! She has gladly offered to share her recipes next time. I am usually very impatient and lazy so I tend to choose the easiest recipes with ingredients I can find easily.

I was flipping through my cookbook looking for the shortest recipes when I came across the almond crisps. Looks really easy and it is! (i have only baked plain ol' chocolate chip cookies and I have never tried baking any other type of cookies before. )

Almond Crisps - inspired by Women's Weekly MIX

125g butter, softened
1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
1/4 cup (30g) almond meal
2 tablespoons flaked almonds
2 table spoons milk

1) Preheat over to 200C/ 180 C fan-forced. Grease over trays or use baking paper that doesn't need greasing.

2) Beat butter and sugar in a bowl electric mixer until smooth. Stir in flour, milk and almond meal.

3) Roll the mixture with a rolling pin and use your favourite cookie-cutter shape. An easier way is to roll tablespoons of mixture into balls, place them onto trays and flatten them with a fork.

4) Bake for aboutt 7-10 minutes depending on the thickness of your cookie, bake till they turn brown. Stand crisps on trays for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool.

I made dog-inspired cookies. I flattened the mixture till it's really thin (like vanilla thins) as I prefer it that way.

Sprinkle flaked almonds on top before putting it in the pre-heated oven.

Remember to let it stand on the tray for a few minutes before transfering them onto the cooling rack. If not they will break!

Once your cookie is ready, reward your loyal four-legged audience (the only audience) who has been watching you throughout the baking process and diligently cleaning up whatever mess you have dropped on the floor. Four-legged friend no.2 decided to grace us with her presence when she senses that the cookie is ready. Let her 'show off' all the tricks she's learnt before giving her one cookie.
**GIVE ME THAT BONE COOKIEEEEEE!!!**

PLS NOTE: THESE ARE COOKIES FOR HUMANS NOT FOR DOGS.

I only gave them one each for reward (as they can't eat too much of these!) and nothing happened to them. I love my dogs more than anything in the world and if these cookies are going to kill them I will not give it to them.

Make yourself a cup of strong coffee to go with the freshly baked almond crisps.

Simple and easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment