Friday, January 22, 2010

Perth - Viva Restaurant at Applecross

One lazy evening, I went online to search for good pasta places around my suburb and I found very good reviews of Viva Restaurant which was located at Applecross.

I've drove past this restaurant a lot of times but I've never thought about giving it a try! I always go to the places I am familiar with - it's time to treat my tastebuds to something new this time :)


There is a lot of good food in Australia but you need to know where to find it. Australia is made up of big immigrant groups so we get a range of very good authentic food like Italian, Chinese and Indian etc. According to the web, Viva serves authentic Italian cuisine that has a home-made theme to it. The chef is also famous in Perth and has opened his own 'family' restaurant


The restaurant is quite casual but it has an elegant feel to it. It has a really nice bar and the ambience of the place is relaxing and romantic too! (must be the lighting)
They have a lot of pasta choices, and you get to choose what pasta you want with their wide variety of pasta suace.

My order: Beef Ravioli with Pomodore sauce - Traditional tomato sauce with fresh basil, garlic, onion and bay leaf $19.00






My pasta was good, but this was much better! (sorry for the bad photo)
Pasa Al Forno Tortellini (baked) - Baked with bacon, chicken, mushroom, tomato, cream, mozzerella $23.00



Dessert - Cream Brulee with coffee for only $9.90! You get to choose coffee or tea with any dessert for that price.



Went back again and we were lucky because it was pasta night. All pasta for half-price!
For entree, we ordered the Eggplant Rolled with mince meat and mushroom.

I ordered my baked tortellini again (see above) for half the price this time. My partner ordered the pasta duo.

This restaurant serves one of the best pasta I've ever tasted in Perth. I highly recommend it! Viva has a lot of specials going on like half-price pasta on certain days, live music day and friday lunch dimsum (italian dimsum - is there such a thing? the owner is just so creative!)

Please check out the details here : http://www.eatingwa.com.au/restaurants/viva-restaurant/

Location: 24 Kearns Crescent, Applecross
Ph: 93648688
Rating: 4.75/5

written by mff perth
Viva on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment